The new installment of Trackmania has made it’s way to the Epic Games Store. The well known title was in the works from a long time, when it was ready for release the pandemic hit everyone, hence the launch was delayed. You can download the game from Epic Games Store and the Ubisoft Store.
First look at the game doesn’t do justice to it. The game has amazing graphics and is surely something to look after. There are multiple maps and the racing experience is something you need to check out for yourself.
As usual, the game isn’t exactly furnished and some users are facing lagging and stuttering issues. In this article, we will cover how to take care of these issues.
How To Fix Lag in Trackmania 2020
The exact information about the requirements is not available online, we will update this section once it’s published by Ubisoft Nadeo.
Update: Here are the system requirements:
Minimum System Requirements:
- CPU: Intel Core i5-2500k, AMD FX 6100
- RAM: 4 GB
- GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 2GB or AMD Radeon R9 270x 2GB
- OS: Windows 10 (64 bit only), Windows 7 (64 bit only), Windows 8.1 (64 bit only)
Recommended System Requirements:
- CPU: Intel Core i5-4690k, AMD Ryzen 5 1500x
- RAM: 8 GB
- GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 4GB or AMD RX 480 8GB
- OS: Windows 10 (64 bit only)
Comparing to today’s standards these requirements are not high at all. So most of the computers will be able to run the game without any issues. However, here are a few tweaks that you can perform to make your gameplay better.
Update Device Drivers
Nvidia and AMD are known for releasing updates related to the game before they are released. There was an update for Windows users that enables the low latency mode, it improves gaming performance by a lot.
AMD users can download the official driver update from the link provided below. Users have reported that the game is crashing on launch for them, this will also be fixed upon updating your driver.
Fix Lagging and Stuttering in Trackmania 2020
Below are a few things that you can change to improve game performance
Discord is one of the best VOIP apps out there, but it can also lead to FPS drops in many cases. Let’s make a few changes to fix it.
Disable Hardware Acceleration in Discord
- Open Discord
- User Settings > Appearance
- Click on Hardware Acceleration > Turn it off
Disable Discord in-game Overlay
- Open Discord
- Overlay > Turn off “Enable in-game overlay”
Turn off Windows Game Mode
Windows hype the Windows Game Bar/Game Mode as a really useful feature, but it actually leads to problems for low-end PCs. Follow the steps below to turn it off.
- Start > Settings > Gaming
- On Game Bar, set “Record game clips, screenshots, and broadcast using Game bar” to off.
- Captures > set the “Record the background while I’m playing a game” to Off.
- Click on Game Mode tab, and turn it off.
Lower Down Game Settings
Whenever you are facing performance issues in a game, it is always recommended that you tone down the settings. I would advise you to start with textures and shadows. Tweak around with settings and figure out what works best for you.
As mentioned earlier, I will be posting game settings once I have tested the game on multiple machines.
Tweak Graphic Card Settings
Below is a list of changes that you need to make by heading to your Graphic Card’s control panel. These settings work for both low-end/high-end machines.
- Fire up Nvidia Control Panel
- Click on Manage 3D Settings from the options appearing on the left
- Click Global Settings Tab
- Set Threaded Optimization: On
- Set Texture filtering – Quality: Performance
- Set Maximum Pre-rendered frames:2
- Set Power Management: Prefer Maximum Performance
AMD Radeon Settings
- Radeon Boost: Disabled
- Radeon Anti-Lag: Disabled
- Anti-Aliasing Mode: Use Application settings
- Anti-aliasing Method: Multisampling
- Morphological Filtering: Off
- Anisotropic Filtering Mode: Use application settings
- Texture Filtering Quality: Performance
- Surface Format Optimization: On
- OpenGL Triple Buffering: Off
- Shader Cache: AMD optimized
- Tesselation Mode: Override application settings
- Maximum Tesselation Level: Off
- GPU Workload: Graphics
- Chill: Off
- Frame Rate Target Control: Disabled
These settings should help you a bit when it comes to graphics related lag.
Increase Game Priority
A really old method known for a long time for boosting FPS in games. Follow the steps given below to increase your game priority.
- Open Task Manager and locate Trackmania
- Right-click > Details
- Located the process’s exe file and set it’s priority to high
This will increase your game’s priority over other applications hence boosting the performance.
Disable Memory Hogging Applications
Use task manager to find applications that are eating your memory or disk usage. Disable those applications while running the game.
An example of a memory eating application would be Chrome.
I installed my game on SSD, didn’t face any stuttering issues.
Fix Trackmania 2020 Eternal Crashing
Below are a few fixes/tweaks that you can look into if you are facing crashing troubles.
Verify Game Files
A broken download can impact your gaming experience, whenever you face any crashing issue, the first thing you should do is verify your game files. Almost every launcher nowadays has an option to verify game files, this takes a while as it verifies all the game files and downloaded all the broken ones.
I am mentioning the steps that you can follow for verifying files using Steam.
- Go to your Steam Library and locate Trackmania Eternal
- Right-click on the game and click Properties
- Head to the Local Files Tab
- Click “verify the integrity of game files”
This will take a while to complete, any problematic files will be downloaded.
Turn off Overclocking Applications
Crashing issue is mostly caused due to overclocking applications interfering with the game. Run your Graphics Card, Processor and RAM at default clock speeds to fix and issues. Also, turn off MSI Afterburner, Rivatuner and Zotac Firestorm if you’ve any of those installed.
Remove Temp Windows Files
Time to time, Windows will collect garbage files that are of no use. Follow the steps given below to remove these files.
- Press Windows + R, and type ” %temp%” and press Enter
- The Temp files folder will open up
- Press CTRL + A and delete all the files
Some of these files might be in use and might not get deleted, just ignore them.
Windows updates are pretty useful nowadays, Windows pushes multiple updates every month which is good for your computer. Older versions of Windows 10 have many bugs, leading to performance issues.
Head to Windows Settings > Update and Security > View Update History and start your updates.
Note: Remove KB4535996 from updates if you face issues even after downloading the latest update.
Unpark Cores using QuickCPU
Windows doesn’t allow all the applications to use full clock speed. With the help of QuickCPU you can unpark your cores and run them at full speeds, follow the steps given below to do it.
- Download QuickCPU
- Fire up QuickCPU
- Set System Power Plan to High Performance
- Set “CPU parking Index” to 100%
- Set “Frequency Scaling Index” to 100%
- Set “Turbo Boost Index” to 100%
- Save your settings by clicking on the Apply Button
That is how you can fix your game. Do comment below if this article helped you out.
Here’s a gameplay video from IGN: