Last Updated on October 23, 2020
If you are facing black loading screen or POPULATION: ONE wont start for you, we have just the Fix! If you are trying the game via Virtual Desktop in the Oculus Quest 2, chances are that game won’t start. This can happen due to a number of reasons, but we have listed some fixes so do try them out.
How to Fix Game Won’t Start – POPULATION: ONE
- Find the POPULATION: ONE launcher on your steam library.
- Right-click on the game and go to properties.
- First, verify the game. If there are any missing files in the steam VR it will download and restore it.
- Now go to Properties > Beta > Latest Version
- Switch to “-GDC-Build”
- But after it starts to download, immediately switch back to “Opt-Out”
If you follow the above steps correctly, the game should be working fine for you. For most players, we think purchasing from the Oculus store and using it can also work.
if you still face trouble in launching the game, wait for a hot-fix from the devs. you can also contact them here.
That is all we are sharing in this guide. Thanks for reading and we will see you in the next one!